Hydro Excavation Services
How Does Hydro Excavation Work?
When we typically think of excavation, what comes to mind is a backhoe digging a large hole in your property and creating a lot of damage.
But that’s not what happens with hydro excavation. Instead, our equipment uses a vacuum system and a high-pressure water device. The high-pressure water cuts through the soil and breaks it up. The high-volume deep vacuum then lifts up the displaced soil from the area being excavated and transports it to the debris tank on the truck. Both the fresh water and soil are contained in the truck until disposal.
Why Use Hydro Excavation?
Hydro excavation is the safer and more efficient option than traditional excavation. For example, if you are starting a new construction project and you need help in locating underground utilities such as power or gas lines, mechanical digging methods could cause damage to that underground infrastructure. It costs time and money and poses a safety risk to workers as well as to the environment.
However, our hydro vac services are safe and eco-friendly. It minimizes any stress or damage to the underground utility lines. Other benefits include:
- It eliminates the need to have a worker in the trench, controlling the excavation equipment.
- Since there is more control involved with hydro excavation equipment, the existing infrastructure can be protected from any damage.
- With hydro excavation, the surrounding soil will not be disturbed, the risk of a cave-in is reduced.
- When compared to traditional digging methods, hydro excavation is much quicker.
- Since hydro vac only uses air and water, there is no need for additional equipment.
What Applications Can Be Used With Hydrovac?
The hydro excavation process can be used in a number of applications, including:
- Trenching: This is the ideal solution when a trench needs to be dug for the installation of pipes and cables.
- Potholing: Hydro excavation can be used to expose the underground infrastructure without damaging the lines.
- Cold Weather Excavation: During the winter, our trucks have boilers that will heat the water to easily cut through the frozen ground. So, there is no need to worry about the soil being too frozen to work!
- Tight Spaces Excavation: Our hydro excavation trucks can reach more than 500 feet away from the worksite, allowing us to work remotely and eliminate congestion at the site.
Rogers Hydro Vac Services Can Help
Since 2003, Rogers Hydro Vac Service has been providing hydro excavation and industrial vacuum services throughout Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and throughout the East Coast. Our trucks use the nation’s most advanced technology available. We own and manage one of the largest fleets in the Northeast.
Areas of Service Include:
If you need hydro excavation services for your industrial project, we’re here to help. Contact us today for more information.
Key Hydro Excavator Features:
- Collector Body – 12.5 Cubic Yards
- Vacuum Blower – 5,400 CFM by 28” HG Vacuum
- Fresh Water Tank – 1,200 Gallons
- Water Pump – 19 GPM by 2,900 PSI (Adjustable to any lower PSI)
- Vacuum on Filtration – Wet or Dry – Single Mode
Rogers Services Technology
- Excavate 90’ Deep (So far, but we are sure we can go deeper)
- Excavate Remote 500’ from truck
- Excavate in congested or sensitive areas
- Excavate where overheard restrictions exist
- Minimize ground disturbance
- Eliminate damage to underground infrastructure & delays due to damage.